As I have mentioned several times, I am not super tech- savvy. I have lots of great software, a good computer and an excellent camera and I can barely use any of them. I do make an effort and slowly-but-surely I am learning more and more.
That being said, I have Picasa on my computer. If you don't know what it is, check it out here. (It is free!) I downloaded it a couple years ago after hearing such great things about it and I still barely use it. I was fumbling around in it the other day and learned a super cool trick! I learned how to make photo collages.
After making one, I instantly saw all the possibilities...blogging, scrapbooking, printing and mailing as postcards or thank-you cards. The possibilities are seriously endless.
I am sure that most of you could fumble through this and figure it out on your own, but just in case anyone is interested I typed out the steps to create one.
Here we go:
1. Open Picasa
2. Create a new album- give it a name that you will remember
3. Create picture collage
4. Go to folders where there are pictures you want to use for collage are saved
5. Select pictures and push green “hold” thumb-tack icon to have them placed in your selection bin
6. If there are other folders you want to grab pictures from, go to them and repeat step 5.
7. Once all the pictures you want to use are in your selection bin at the bottom left, select the blue add to album bin and use the drop down menu to select the new folder you just created in step 2.
8. Go to the new album
9. Select create picture collage
10. Select Green plus sign to add the new items to collage
11. If you want to take pictures out of collage, simply click on the picture within collage and drag it off the page
12. Go to the settings tab on the left of the screen to play with the type of collage. This is where all the cool stuff is. You can change the type of collage and the spacing. You can even drag and drop photos into different positions, change the background color and add shadows to the edges.
13. Once you have the look you want, select “create collage” on the bottom of the page. Then select file, save as and name your collage.