Want to know what my 2011 resolutions are? Come on, I am sure you are dying to know. Okay, it is not that I think any of you particularly care about my goals for this year, I just think that I might hold myself a little more accountable if I know people are watching me. So, without further ado, I give you my resolutions for this year:
1. Lose 25 pounds. Yes, weight loss is my number one goal. I am not trying to be cliche here just trying to lose weight that I have left over from these two. I am hoping that the first 5-10lbs will come off pretty quickly seeing as I have been eating whatever I wanted since the baby was born. I figure that by making some sort of conscious effort watching what I eat I should get a jump start. Right?
2. Save money. My husband and I used to have a pretty substantial savings account. Then we had a child, I quit my job to stay home, we had another child and life happened. That savings account is no more. We want to move into a better neighborhood with better schools in the next few years so we need to get saving again.
3. Pay off debt. We have student loan debt, car debt and a little credit card debt. Debt is no fun. We want it gone.
4. Practice photography more. I LOVE taking pictures. I have had my DSLR for a year now and am just now getting comfortable shooting with it in manual mode. I am still learning about it and playing with the three lenses that I have. I want to vow to practice more and more and see where it takes me.
5. Write (at least) one new pattern for the shop every quarter. This sounds like a super simple task except that I am in a funk with sewing. I have great ideas and I want them to just happen with a snap. Too bad it doesn't really work that way. Writing patterns takes a LOT of time that at this very moment I would rather spend with my kids, sleeping or playing with my camera.
6. Try one new recipe a month. This also sounds super simple but to a cooking-challenged person like myself it is not. If you have any great and easy recipes, please share!
There you have them. My goals for 2011. I know they are not exciting or even that inspiring, but they are my goals and I hope that by putting out there for the world to see I am able to hold myself accountable.
What are your resolutions this year?