Monday, September 13, 2010

Baby Update

Finding time to blog with a newborn and a toddler is hard (even with all the help I have)! Anyways, here is a quick post to share some tidbits for those interested and pictures for those of you who have been patiently waiting... And, because I am so tired, these are in no particular order:)


Our family in our TCU purple for the tailgate today


And, for those interested, some random notes about the past week:
•Emerson is absolutely in love with Ashton. All she wants to do is be near him and hold him. All I hear is "Mommy, he is smiling at me", "Mommy, I love him so much", "Mommy, he is so cute", etc. It is absolutely precious.

•When Emerson first came to the hospital to meet Ashton, she was holding him and looked up at me with the sweetest face and said, "Mommy, I LOVE his hair". It was something I will never forget.

•Ashton went home from the hospital on Wednesday weighing 8lbs 5oz. At his weight check on Friday he was up to 8lbs 10oz...He is such a good eater!

•Ashton is a great baby. He sleeps, eats and has contented awake time. The only time he fusses is if he has a gassy tummy or is hungry. I think his favorite thing to do (other than eat) is to watch his sister.

•Having a boy is just joyful. I am so much more in love with him than I thought I could be. I knew I wanted a boy one day but I mainly thought that it was just because I didn't want all girls. When we found out it was a boy, I was genuinely excited but also nervous. I love our princess-y girly girl so much that I was afraid I would not know how to love or appreciate a boy. He totally has me wrapped around his finger already.

That is all I can remember right now. Time to get to bed!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

Congratulations! They both look so sweet together! He's gorgeous!

Jeannine said...

Congratulations on having a boy, and that he is such a good one. You will find so many things to appreciate with your boy in years to come. Enjoy the time right now.
Jeannine
Kinderkouture

Andrea said...

So precious! I'm so far behind reading blogs. Congratulations! What an adorable family!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates