Thursday, March 10, 2011

This was worse than it looked...

With all the organizing I have been doing lately, it was just a matter of time until I got to our master closet. Whew, glad it is over. It was nasty. I have been intentionally avoiding it for a long long long time. This clean out was seriously overdue.
Look at the disaster on those shelves.

Shelves are great but look at the mess they are holding.

Um, yea that is way to many shoes just thrown on the floor. The sad thing is that if my 3 year olds shoes were pilled up like this I would have yelled at her.

All in all, I spent a little over an hour. I went through and pulled out anything that I have not worn in 2 years (normally I would use the 1 year cutoff but I was pregnant all last year so I figure that I could give myself a little longer). Anyways, if I hadn't worn it in 2 years it was pulled out. Once all the old was out I sorted tops and bottoms. Shirts were organized by sleeve length. Shoes were matched and organized.

All the things that were pulled out of the closet were put into 4 piles: Sell, Donate, Trash or Storage. Things that are a brand name and in great condition I set aside to try to sell on ebay. I only had 3 things that fit this description. Stuff that was literally trash, as in clothing with holes, broken shoes or actual trash, was finally thrown out. Leftover maternity clothes that hadn't been pulled out already were put into storage and everything else went into a pile to donate.
The majority of the donate pile. I think there were easily 20 pairs of shoes here.

Still not perfect, but much much better.

Shoes sitting with their mates.

On a side note, my little man turned 6 months old over the weekend. Crazy how time flies!
Photobucket

1 comments:

bethany said...

Let me know how the clothing selling goes on ebay-haven't attempted adult clothing yet, only kids.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates