Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Highs and Lows

Both of my kids took good naps today. However, when they were not asleep things felt intense most of the day. It wasn't all bad, definitely more a mix of highs and lows.
The highs included:
Enjoying a morning with my little man while sister was at school.
Running in and out of Target in under 20 minutes and sticking to my list.
Laughing with my daughter on the way home from school while I listened to her use the word "fancy" at least 5 times in a minute. It must have been the word of the day.
Laughing again when she informs me that our car is not "fancy".
Getting a phone call this afternoon with some good news.
Getting to play with my new baby while photographing my adorable baby.

 


The lows included:
The 3 hours from naptime to bedtime where mentally and physically exhausting.
I felt like I yelled a lot. I hope my daughter will remember me for something positive and not the yelling.
Coming to a difficult conclusion about our cat. We need to schedule a trip to the vet. That is all I will say about that.
Something I was expecting in the mail did not come today.
Having a heavy heart for several friends who are in great need of prayer right now.

 

Having to go to bed with only one thing checked off my to-do list.

 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

bethany said...

I love these!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who yells because I sure feel like it. Especially lately. Storey has been so so horrible lately. I keep thinking she's not getting enough sleep. But not sure what to do about that. Maybe this is what a normal two year old is like??? Never had one of those before. I just hope this isn't her permanent personality or she and I are going to have some issues. In other words, I know how you feel about the yelling thing.

Teresa said...

I have days where I feel like I yell alot and yesterday was one of those days.

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates